The Palladian Bridge at Wilton House, England
genderbent hamlet → one may smile, and smile, and be a villain…
- michelle dockery as hamlet, the conflicted and doomed heroine
- ruth negga as horatio, hamlet’s loyal friend & companion
- ben whishaw as ophelia, who loves hamlet but is driven to suicide
- tilda swinton as claudius, the usurper of the crown
- hayley atwell as laertes, ophelia’s vengeful sister
- colin firth as gertrude, hamlet’s father who is now married to claudius
- olivia colman as polonius, ophelia & laertes’ foolish mother
- cate blanchett as the ghost of queen hamlet, who hamlet must avenge
(based off discussions and comments made over the months at dailyshakespeare.
a bit of flexibility needed with characters’ ages vs. actors’ actual ages.)
James & Lily though
for when you’re trying to reassemble yourself out of broken pieces and learn how to exist with shards missing. for when you want to convince those who matter most that you won’t break yourself again.
for when they’re not ready for your apology.
dependable people and things that i’m sure of - slow club | dead wrong - the fray | change your mind - the killers | out on the town - fun. | holland road - mumford & sons | my friends - the head and the heart | the scientist - coldplay | recovery - frank turner | not too late - noah and the whale | cigarettes and chocolate milk - rufus wainwright | giving me a chance - gotye